Your UTC ID and password are used to access most UTC Online Services, including email, UTC Learn, MyMocsNet and more. For more info on getting started, visit www.utc.edu/getstartedIT.
Items Needed to Activate your Account:
- University of Tennessee (UT) NetID - this typically is the same as your UTC ID. Your UTC ID is 6 characters in the format of ABC123.
- To find your NetID, please review your admissions acceptance letter by checking your status at utc.edu/apply.
- Your NetID can be also found by searching your name in the UT Directory or by contacting the IT Helpdesk at 423-425-4000.
- One of the following identifiers:
- Social Security Number
- Employee Personnel Number
- TN Unique ID - available on your electronic admissions acceptance letter
To Activate Your Account:
- Log in to the UT Password Management site using your UT NetID and press continue.
- Click the drop down menu for “Select an ID” and choose SSN, Employee Personnel Number, or TN Unique ID to verify your identity. Then enter your personal information and click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to set your security questions, set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) with Duo and set your new password. Note that starting the Fall 2022 semester 2FA will be required for all employee and enrolled student accounts.
Click here for more detailed instructions on Activating Your Account.
Manage Your Account:
To manage your account, setup two-factor authentication, or reset your password in the future, please visit www.utc.edu/password or www.utc.edu/pw .
For password instructions and assistance, visit the IT Knowledge Base or call 423-425-4000.
Video Tutorial will be coming soon.