Build Community. Make Connections. Develop a Career.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is a national model for metropolitan universities. In collaboration with our many regional partners, we offer an experiential learning environment with outstanding teaching scholars in bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs.
Shaping the Future for 135 Years
Since its founding as Chattanooga University in 1886, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga has pursued an institutional excellence on a blend of private and public traditions in higher education.
- Transform lives through meaningful learning experiences.
- Inspire and nurture scholarship, creativity, discovery, innovation and entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Ensure stewardship of resources through strategic alignment and investments.
- Embrace diversity and inclusion as a path to excellence and societal change.
- Five colleges: Arts and Sciences; Business; Engineering and Computer Science; Health, Education, and Professional Studies; and the Honors College.
- 95 undergraduate, 53 master’s, five doctoral and four specialist degree programs; and 30 certificate programs.
- More than 1.8 million books and federal and state documents in University libraries.
- Incoming freshmen average high school GPA, 3.59
- Freshman mean enhanced ACT composite, 23.6; Tennessee mean ACT, 19.9; national mean ACT, 20.8.
- 11,728 total students: 10,341 undergraduates, 1,387 graduate students.
- Total tuition and fees for in-state undergraduates: $9,656; undergraduate regional tuition: $13,685; out-of state undergraduate tuition: $25,774.
- Fewer than 10% of students are from outside Tennessee; 57.5% are women; and 21.3% are non-white.
- Forty-seven percent of faculty are women and 90% hold a terminal degree.
- Student-athletes compete in 17 Division I sports in Southern Conference for intercollegiate athletics, earning multiple conference championships and post-season play. Seventy-six percent, or 240, of all student-athletes made the academic honor roll and have an average GPA of 3.309*. Visit Chattanooga Mocs
*As of December 2020