Sensitive Minor Equipment
Sensitive Minor Equipment Purchases
See Fiscal Policy FISCAL POLICY 0605 for complete policy information.
Departmental procurement cards can not be used for the purchase of sensitive minor equipment. (See FISCAL POLICY 530 for restrictions regarding the use of procurement cards.)
Follow the procedure below for purchases of sensitive minor equipment.
Sensitive Minor Equipment is defined as items valued from $1500 to $5000 that are particularly vulnerable to theft. These items are included on the annual departmental equipment inventory and will need to be tagged with a UT Equipment Inventory Tag.
Examples of Sensitive Minor Equipment:
*All firearms must be recorded regardless of price
Any equipment purchased that falls within this price range but not listed above should be given the general ledger expenditure account Supplies--439100
Procedure for purchasing sensitive minor equipment:
- Generate an asset number in IRIS using classification 80000.
- If the purchase is between $1500 and $5000 and the vendor will invoice the department without a purchase order, order the equipment.
- If the purchase is between $1500 and $5000 and the vendor requires a purchase order, generate a customized purchase order on departmental letterhead and forward it to the vendor in lieu of an official UT Purchase Order. Note: if the vendor requires an official UTC Purchase Order(e.g. Dell, Apple), follow step 4 below
- For purchases over $5000 generate an asset requisition in IRIS and the order will be processed on a UTC Purchase Order.
- Upon receipt of the equipment, notify Sue Garrett at 4732 and she will tag the equipment.
- When the invoice is received, note the asset number on it and process it for payment.