In the event of a tornado
- Seek shelter in an interior room away from windows.
- Move to a lower floor in the building, if you can.
- Avoid large rooms like gyms or auditoriums.
- Cover your head and neck for protection from flying debris.
- If you are outside, get inside if at all possible.
- If you cannot get inside, crouch for protection beside a strong structure or lie flat in a ditch or low-lying area. Cover your head and neck.
Listen to warnings and take action immediately.
When the National Weather Service issues a TORNADO WARNING that includes the campus or you receive a UTC-ALERT, seek shelter immediately.
Visit Ready.gov to learn more about Tornado planning, preparedness, response, and recovery.