Undergraduate Lightning Round Pitch Competition
In 2017 UTC hosted its first annual undergraduate lightning round pitch competition. Eleven talented and bright undergraduate students pitched their research and ideas. Below are the 2017 winners of the first annual lightning round pitch competition.
- 1st - Reed Boeger, Studying Vibio cholera Adaptations to Improve Cholera Prevention
- 2nd - William Harden, Reducing Post Operation Rates of Infection During Surgical Irrigation in the Plastic Surgery Operating Room for Breast Augmentation / Reconstruction
- 3rd - Cullen Harris, The status and Conservation of the EAstern Hellbender (Cryptobranchus alleganiensis): Is it Functionally Extinct?
Want to see the winners' pitches and the other scholarly and creative presentations? Click here for the videos of the 2017 Undergraduate Lightning Round Pitch Competition.
Graduate 3MT© Competition
In 2017 UTC hosted its second annual graduate 3MT© competition at ReSEARCH Dialogues. This competition welcomed 15 master's and doctoral candidates from diverse disciplines to present their thesis in a creative and compelling way. Below are the 2017 winners.
- 1st - Drake Terry, A Noble Task: Work Stress, Sense of Coherence, and Work-Nonwork Conflict in Christian Ministers
- 2nd - Damon Sowers Influence of Concussion History on Reactive Agility Performance among Elite Boxers and Wrestlers
- 3rd - Cynthia Shaffer, Increasing Access to Fresh Produce in Food Deserts in Chattanooga
Please click here to watch the graduate student pitches from the 2017 ReSEARCH Dialogues.
Faculty Elevator Pitch Competition
UTC hosted its second annual faculty elevator pitch competition at ReSEARCH Dialogues. This competition showcased 19 faculty. Faculty were asked to pitch their scholarly, research, or creative activities to non-disciplinary experts. The competition was broken into four categories (Arts and Humanities, Cognitive Social Sciences, STEM, and Health). Below are the 2017 winners.
- Category Winners:
- Arts Humanities: Professor Laurie Melnik, The Art of Balance: Caring for Patient and Physician
- Cognitive Social Sciences: Dr. Morgan Cooley, Foster Parent Resilience: Relevant Factors, Importance, and Family Impact
- STEM: Dr. DeAnna Beasley, Invisible Life: Exploring Pathogen Diversity in an Urban Environment
- Health: Dr. Cecelia Wigal, Communicating for Independence
- Grand Prize Winner: Dr. Cecelia Wigal
Please click here to watch the faculty pitches from the 2017 ReSEARCH Dialogues.