- You are responsible for all items checked out in your name.
- Do not check out items for other people.
- Do not depend on other people to return items for you.
- Note the time or date your borrowed materials are due. Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy, but it always is your responsibility to return materials on time.
- Borrowers are responsible for paying all fines and fees that accrue in their account.
- Library borrowing privileges are suspended when fines/fees reach $15.00.
- The library uses university email accounts for notification of available materials, overdue notices, and late fees. It is the borrower's responsibility to forward mail from these accounts to commercial email accounts if they are used. Lack of mail delivery does not excuse the borrower from responding to any notices.
- If you receive an overdue notice for materials that you believe you returned, please reply to the notice so library staff have all the information necessary to investigate.
- Report lost items promptly.
- Abuse of library privileges may result in the loss of said privileges. Examples of abuse include, but are not limited to, repeatedly not returning materials on time, not paying fines or fees, and damage of library materials or facilities.
Materials may be returned inside the library during operating hours. There are book returns located on both ends of the Check Out Desk as well as a return in the 24/5 corridor.
Please note that some items must be returned to the library service desk from which they were checked out. These include:
- Technology of any kind including calculators, Chromebooks, and Studio equipment
- Course Reserves
- Materials borrowed through Interlibrary Loan
- Any item that is fragile
- Any item that is time-sensitive
For borrowers' convenience, the UTC Library has exterior book returns available for use both during and after hours. The exterior book returns are located on the Douglas Street side of the building near the base of the staircase and on the Chamberlain Field side of the building near the entrance.