- 1. Net ID/UTC ID and Password
Your Net ID provides access to most applications and software programs used on campus. New employees can request their Net ID by contacting the Office of Human Resources at 423-425-4221. Need to create or reset your password? Visit https://www.utc.edu/information-technology/password.php or contact the IT Helpdesk at (423) 425-4000.
- 2. Duo Two-Factor Authentication
Some University systems (IRIS, K@TE, Taleo, etc.) require Duo Two-Factor Authentication for login. To sign up for Duo Two Factor Authentication, click HERE.
- 3. Enroll in Direct Deposit
All UTC employees are required to enroll in Direct Deposit. A picture or scanned copy of a voided check or letter from the bank confirming account # and routing # is required.
- 4. Access UTC Email
- Visit http://outlook.office365.com or go to "Quick Links" at the top right of the UTC homepage and select "O365".
- Sign in using your O365 username, which is Net [email protected], and password (see #1 for UTC ID and password instructions). This is a different username from your faculty email address.
- 5. Update Employee Directory Profile
New employees should update their directory profile once their UTC phone and email accounts have been established. The IRIS system will automatically create a directory entry for new employees, but important contact information needs to be added/revised by the new employee for accurate information sharing and access. Only employees are able to make modifications to their employee directory profile.
To change your profile, visit the UTC Directory and click on the Login icon to enter your Net ID/UTC ID and Password Select the “Edit Information” icon to update profile information.
- 6. Pay Statements, Employee Information, and Electronic W-2
To access your Pay Statements, update your information, or view and enroll in electronic W-2, visit the Employee Self Service Portal by visiting: https://irisweb.tennessee.edu/irj/portal
- 7. FERPA and Banner
All new faculty, both full-time and part-time, are required to complete FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act) and Faculty Self-Service Banner (SSB) training prior to being placed on the teaching schedule, accessing course related data in Banner, and UTC Learn (Canvas).
Step 1: Faculty members must submit a Registrar Training Request Form to request access for both FERPA and Faculty Self-Service Banner (SSB) training. This will generate a ticket and you will receive instructions on how to access the trainings.
Note: You must have a generated UTC e-mail account and UTC ID prior to training access. You must also have already set up your UTC password to access your UTC e-mail address since all correspondences will be sent to your UTC email address via the ticket. If you have not done this, please go back to item 1 Net ID/UTC ID and Password to set up your Password.
Step 2: Upon completion of training, faculty members must complete the Training Verification Form outlined in the ticket e-mail. The Training Verification Form for Adjunct and Faculty may also be found HERE. This may take up to two (2) business days. You will be notified and your ticket will close once your request has been completed.
If you are experiencing problems with the form and need assistance, please email [email protected].
After confirming the appropriate paperwork has been received, you will be set up as an instructor in Banner by Charlene Davenport and [email protected] will assign your courses in Banner.
- 8. Confirm Class Schedule
- Start at top right “Quick Links” on http://utc.edu
- Choose Class Schedule, select View Class Schedule, Select Semester, type your name in Instructor box or use Subject to Search (less info makes the search more successful)
- If your name/classes are not showing, possible reasons:
- You have not completed FERPA training. See #6 FERPA and Banner.
- You are not listed as the Faculty in your classes. Contact your Department Head.
- Your department needs to add you in Banner. Contact your Department Head.
- 9. Access Your Class Roster through MyMocsNet
- Start at top right navigation from http://utc.edu
- Click on MyMocsNet and login
- Navigate to the Faculty tab and choose “Class Roster”
- If you do not see a Faculty tab, possible reasons:
- You have not completed FERPA or SSB training. See #6 FERPA and Banner.
- Your department needs to add you in Banner. Contact your Department Head.
- If you have completed training and are in Banner, contact [email protected] for further assistance
- 10. Access Canvas
Confirm your courses are listed in Canvas: Start at top right “Quick Links” at top right on http://utc.edu, and select “UTC Learn (Canvas)” or access it from the home page of MyMocsNet.
- 11. Mocs Card/UTC ID Card
Your Mocs Card is your official UTC ID card and can be obtained from the Mocs Card Office, 262 University Center, (423) 425-2218. Visit Mocs Card to view important information about the UTC ID card.
- 12. Mocs Card Keyless Entry
Keyless entry is required to enter several buildings and classrooms on campus. Ask your department head admin. if you need any keyless access.
- 13. Access to Appropriate Servers, Programs and Software Applications
Each university employee may have unique technology needs. Collaborate with your supervisor to identify all necessary servers, programs, and software needed to successfully complete the responsibilities of your position (An option for correctly identifying your technology needs may be to select a current employee within your department (often a supervisor or someone in the same or similar role), and ask IT to mirror that person’s technology access.) To request installation, visit Software for Employees, or contact the IT Helpdesk at (423) 425-4000.
- 14. Virtual Parking Permits
All vehicles parked at UTC must have a valid permit and be parked in a valid space, nose first. Payment for virtual parking permits may be made through tax-free payroll deduction or paid in full at the time of purchase. Please visit How to Purchase a Permit for additional information. If you have questions or encounter any issues, please email [email protected] or call (423) 425-4051.
- 15. Office Keys
Please work with your supervisor or dept. head admin to complete the Key Request Form: Key Policy and Request Form. Keys must be picked up in person by the new employee at Facilities Planning and Management, 400 Palmetto Street, Suite 228. Questions may be directed to Facilities Planning and Management at (423) 425-4521.
- 16. Browse the IT Knowledge Base
Instructions for common IT requests, such as connecting to the UTC wired/wireless network, operating your office phone, or accessing your UTC emails may be found at: https://www.utc.edu/getstartedIT or IT Knowledge Base.
- 17. UTC-Alert
Employees are strongly encouraged to register for SMS text messaging from UTC-ALERT, the campus’s emergency alert system. If a critical campus safety or security situation occurs, text messaging is the most direct method for sending important information to you. Register up to three SMS text numbers for UTC-ALERT by following the link: UTC-ALERT New User Registration.
- 18. Business Cards
If business cards are desired, each department has a four-digit graphics arts password which will need to be obtained from your department administrator prior to ordering business cards. Check with your supervisor for additional information.
- 19. Campus Compliance Training
Understanding how to comply with and report violations of laws, policies and related procedures is critical in protecting our faculty, staff and those we serve as a demonstration of our University Values of Pursuing Excellence and living with Integrity and Civility. Our commitment to upholding these standards shapes the experiences of those around us and our ability to Build Community, Make Connections and Develop Careers.
The Campus Compliance Training Curriculum is comprised of Five Core Compliance Programs. New employees will receive the curriculum via K@TE, our Learning Management System (LMS), based on eligibility for each compliance program, which may be based on employee type or areas of responsibility. Thereafter, the curriculum is completed annually with one annual participation window (October 1 – December 31) to streamline compliance training requirements for our campus employees.
- 20. New Employee Onboarding
The Office of Human Resources offers information virtually about several areas of UTC and a welcome video from our Executive Leadership Team to assist new employees in acclimating to our campus and culture.
Within the first week of employment, employees will receive these information sessions as one curriculum via K@TE, our Learning Management System (LMS). You can locate it in the “My Active Courses” tab in K@TE. The sessions will take about one (1) hour total to complete. We ask that you complete the full curriculum within your first 60 days of employment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to HR’s Talent Management Specialist and Campus K@TE Administrator, [email protected].
- 21. Outside Interest Disclosure (Must be Completed Within First 30 Days of Employment)
The University’s GE0002 – Conflicts of Interest & Commitment policy requires employees to file a disclosure of outside interests and activities to help the University identify and manage conflicts between an employee’s outside interests and his or her University responsibilities.
Outside interests may include activities such as ownership or employment in an external business venture; serving on a non-profit or for-profit board of directors; or outside employment of any kind.
To file an Outside Interest Disclosure, please follow the instructions below:
- Sign in to the My IRIS Web Portal with your NetID and Password
- Click on the Employee Self-Service tab
- Click on the Personal Information link
- Choose the Outside Interest Disclosure link and follow the instructions on the screen for completion.
- Once the form has been accessed, employees can use the Help and Video buttons at the top of the screen for additional information or to watch a brief video explaining the form. After completing and submitting the form, it will be routed electronically through the review process.
For more information, visit the IRIS Outside Interest Disclosure website.
For issues regarding access or completion of the OID form, please email [email protected].