In accordance with UT System Policy FI0125-Conflict of Interests, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga requires all regular faculty and staff, and graduate students holding assistantships to file a disclosure of outside interests and activities each year. This includes all employees with active payroll status, excluding seasonal staff, temporary event workers, and hourly student workers. New regular faculty and staff are also required to complete an Outside Interest Disclosure within the first thirty (30) days of employment.
The Outside Interest Disclosure (OID) includes questions about an employee’s outside interests, commitments, compensation, and foreign relationships. This disclosure process helps the University identify and manage conflicts between an employee’s outside interests and his or her University responsibilities.
To submit an OID, please follow the instructions outlined below:
- Sign in to the My IRIS Web Portal with your NetID and Password
- Click on the Employee Self-Service tab
- Click on the Personal Information link,
- Choose the Outside Interest Disclosure link and follow the instructions on the screen for completion.
- Once the form has been accessed, employees can use the Help and Video buttons at the top of the screen for additional information, or to watch a brief video explaining the form. After completing and submitting the form, it will be routed electronically through the review process.
As a reminder, disclosure of outside interests is required on an annual basis, by October 31.
For additional information, please visit the IRIS outside interest disclosure help webpage. Please contact [email protected] if you encounter any issues in accessing or completing the OID in IRIS.