I’m a degree-seeking student at another institution and I plan to enroll at UTC to take classes toward my degree.
Good to know:
Students are not eligible to receive financial aid at more than one institution in one term. You must apply for financial aid at the institution where you are degree-seeking--your home institution. You are responsible for requesting aid to be canceled at your home institution.
As a transient student coming into UTC you are not eligible to receive financial aid at UTC, but you could receive financial aid at your home institution with a consortium agreement. Not all schools will recognize a consortium agreement, so you need to contact your home institution to see if it is an option.
As a UTC student, you can take classes at another institution and receive financial aid from UTC.
- You must be: currently admitted and a degree-seeking student, eligible for aid at UTC and enrolled as a transient student at the host institution.
- Complete the Concurrent Enrollment Form to be considered.
- All information must be provided on the form (i.e. list course numbers, not course registration numbers).
- To be considered for the consortium agreement, you must begin the process 3-4 weeks prior to the beginning of the term. Completed documents must be received no later than the last day of term. You are responsible for payment of fees at the host school.
- Aid processed at UTC under a consortium agreement will be available as a refund within two weeks after the first day of your class.
- Funds are not sent to the host school.
- Students can pick up the refund in the UTC Bursar’s Office or set up a direct deposit through your MyMocsNet account.
Back to Student Types